Crystal Xcelsius
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Crystal Xcelsius
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Xcelsius and Crystal Reports vide Post Reply Post New Topic
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Topic: Crystal Xcelsius and Crystal Reports vide
    Posted: 13 Feb 2008 at 10:13pm
I just posted a new video online showing the benefits of Crystal Reports and Crystal Xcelsius integrated together. Hopefully you'll find it very informative. It's a pretty big file, so it might take a minute to buffer.

Let me know what you think, and please link to the video if you like it! Clap

Crystal Reports Crystal Xcelsius video
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
dbaDave

Quote dbaDave Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2008 at 7:59am
THE video takes too long to download and buffer.

i have a DSL with Verizon, rated 2732/675 by dslreports.com plenty of bandwidth to view video streams.

is that video a .swf flash video? if not i'd suggest converting it to that format. use Camtasia Studio works great.

i did manage to get around 58% of the video. was able to see some of your presentation examples.

would be very interested in how those are created. i have both programs.

dave
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2008 at 1:42pm
Thanks for the comment. I was concerned about that b/c it was taking a while for me to download from home, but it was quick at my client's office. I'm using Camtasia and converted to WMV format. I originally converted to a SWF format, but that came it at a 90 MB file. The WMV file is 9MB. I think I'm going to upload it to YouTube and let them use whatever format they like to use and let them take the hit to their bandwidth. I'm also curious if it has to do with my hosting company having too many other sites sharing the same server (and bandwidth).  I'm going to reduce the screen size by 50% and see what the outcome is as well.

I've had some requests for doing Xcelsius training videos in more depth. So that would be nice to get those up and running as well.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 12:18am
I'm using YouTube to host the video now. It runs in a smaller window now, but the stream is smooth.
IP IP Logged
cenie

Quote cenie Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 10:58am
Thanks.  This was a nice overview showing the two apps together.  The images were a little blury but I got the idea.  Clap
IP IP Logged
ChuckAtDabbs

Quote ChuckAtDabbs Replybullet Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 10:42am
Very cool video. What a great tool to view report data through. I support a Medical Billing software package and am looking into custom reports using Crystal. I could see many uses for this companion package.
IP IP Logged
Crystal Bee

Quote Crystal Bee Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 10:11pm
hello evry1...
i need some help.
i am trying 2 embed xcelsius dashboard in crystal report. i have already made connection in dashboard using flash variables. der r 2 fields in my report. customer name and order amount. i hav groupd d report on customer name.using flash variable in crystal report 2008 i tried 2 set group name i.e customer name to dashboard.but it is taking only first group name and its order amount.can anybody temme how shud i connect the name field in dashboard to group field in crystal report??/plzzzz help me out...
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version