Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Runtime problems with UNC path Post Reply Post New Topic
brain

Online Status: Offline
Quote brain Replybullet Topic: Crystal Runtime problems with UNC path
    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:11am
I am not the developer here; I am trying to prove to the developers that this problem is in how they are calling the Crystal runtime, while allowing that there could be some limitation within Crystal runtime.

The problem is this: we have a process that passes off a previewed report to a virtual printer (Black Ice) to create a tiff file, and it needs to have a specific file name. When I run my report in SAP Crystal 2016, the name of the Crystal Report is correctly passed along and automatically becomes part of the exported filename, regardless of whether I open the report from a local/mapped drive or from a UNC path.

When I open that from inside our third-party software's Crystal Reports tool that invokes CR runtime (current version 13.0.24.2970), it works correctly when the report is opened from a local or mapped drive. The exported filename is "Crystal Reports - [name of report]".But when I open the same report from a UNC path, the exported filename is just "Crystal Reports"; the original report filename is not appended.

I cannot tell if this is a problem inherent to Crystal Reports runtime (not able to process filename if opened from UNC path) or if the developers are failing to capture & send the filename when opened from a UNC path.

Any ideas?

Edited by brain - 25 Aug 2019 at 10:11am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version