Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: multiple group header/detail suppression Post Reply Post New Topic
Tori_Dee

Online Status: Offline
Quote Tori_Dee Replybullet Topic: multiple group header/detail suppression
    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:51am
Hi,

I am trying to create a report where each group header has a corresponding details section. i.e. GH3a goes with details a, GH3b goes with details b, etc through d.

Each header/details b-d needs to go with a specific method which is a formula labeled GH1.
i.e.
If the report has @GH1 = "text code b" then I would need only GH3b and details b to show, and a,c,d to suppress.
If the report has @GH1 = "text code c" then I would need only GH3c and details c to show, and a,b,d to be suppressed.

GH3a and details a are created to be "default" sections with less fields that need shown.

Currently I have the following formula in each of the GH3b-d, and details b-d, just with different text code requirements::
If @GH1 = "text code b"
then true
else false.

GH3a and details a have no suppression code but need to be suppressed if b-d are true.

My problem is that no matter if I reverse the true/false lines, it will either hide all sections or show some of them. I made sure the text code I typed matches what the GH1 shows.

i.e if b=true then ideally i'd have GH3a, Gh3b, details a, details b showing and the rest suppressed but b will get suppressed also.
or if c= true, then a,b are showing but c gets suppressed.

I don't know how else to make the report only show the sections I need.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Online Status: Offline
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 2:57am
It is hard to say as it is unclear what your data set is and what you are grouping on in G1, G2 and G3.
I would hazard a guess that the issue is more about what your @GH1 is returning than the suppression formula.
Place the @GH1 on each of the GH3 sections and display the value it is returning to see if you are getting the results that are needed for your suppression to work correctly.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version