Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: Custom Page Numbering Post Reply Post New Topic
Becantor

Online Status: Offline
Quote Becantor Replybullet Topic: Custom Page Numbering
    Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 7:52am
Hi,

Have a report that is just a single report (no embedded sub reports).

The report may be anywhere from 10-15 pages depending on add on pages, however, I would like the page counter to 'ignore' these additional pages and only have a hard page counter from 1 to 10.

So, even if the report is 15 pages, I want the page counter to read 'Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, etc. Once it reaches page 10 of 10 it would be suppressed.

Any ideas on how to hard code the page number range?

thanks
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 6:56am
Here's what I would do:

1. For the label in header or footer, place a text block in the report and type in "Page of 10". Then drag "Page Number" from the Special Fields in the Field Explorer to the appropriate spot in the text block. It will embed itself into the text if you do this correctly.

2. If the page number is in a section by itself, open the Section Expert. Otherwise right-click on the text block and select "Format Text...". In either case, click on the formula button to the right of "Suppress" (DO NOT check the Suppress checkbox!). Add this to the suppress formula:

PageNumber > 10

Save the formula.

This will suppress the display of the page number block when you're on pages that are past the 10th page.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
bhanson

Quote bhanson Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:17am
Originally posted by hilfy

Here's what I would do:

1. For the label in header or footer, place a text block in the report and type in "Page of 10". Then drag "Page Number" from the Special Fields in the Field Explorer to the appropriate spot in the text block. It will embed itself into the text if you do this correctly.

2. If the page number is in a section by itself, open the Section Expert. Otherwise right-click on the text block and select "Format Text...". In either case, click on the formula button to the right of "Suppress" (DO NOT check the Suppress checkbox!). Add this to the suppress formula:

PageNumber > 10

Save the his secret obsession book formula.

This will suppress the display of the page number block when you're on pages that are past the 10th page.

-Dell

Thanks for the detailed guidelines. It really helped. Thank you!

Edited by bhanson - 05 Oct 2019 at 11:39am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version