Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Filtering a Field with multiple selections Post Reply Post New Topic
canonman11

Online Status: Offline
Quote canonman11 Replybullet Topic: Filtering a Field with multiple selections
    Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 9:04am
I have a field I am using that has multiple results within the field. I want to post a text result in the column if it sees one of the results listed.

I used the following formula in a new formula field and I see my result but I am also getting multiple lines put in the report now for each entry. I tried Suppressing duplicates and that did not work. Not sure where to go from here.

Formula used
IF({MGCOMP01.OPDESC}="PLATEMAKING") then
"Plated and Ready for Press"
Else
""

Also a note the field will not have a duplicate result in the OPDESC field it is a status field that will change as the order progresses for that order#. I just want a Text result to display when it sees the PLATEMAKING status.

Tim

Edited by canonman11 - 01 Feb 2018 at 9:14am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:51am
There are a couple of things that you can try for this:

1. If you need all of the data, but just don't want to see duplicate details you could add an inner group on the formula (not the field!). Put your data in the group header, suppress the details and the group footer.

2. If you don't need the other data, go to the Select Expert and add {MGCOMP01.OPDESC}="PLATEMAKING" to the selection criteria. If you have an outer join to the MGCOMP01 table and you want to show other data, but only this detail line, you would change the formula to:

(
IsNull({MGCOMP01.OPDESC}) OR
{MGCOMP01.OPDESC}="PLATEMAKING"
)

This process will limit the data coming from the database and make the report run faster if you don't need all of the details.

3. For the section (Details, I assume), you could suppress the section based on whether or not {MGCOMP01.OPDESC}="PLATEMAKING". You'll be pulling more data into the report than you may need, but you'll only have the one row appear.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version