Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: connectivity - windows Post Reply Post New Topic
jwhite2007

Online Status: Offline
Quote jwhite2007 Replybullet Topic: connectivity - windows
    Posted: 20 Feb 2007 at 8:31am

I am having troubles getting a crystal report to run through my windows service.  It runs beautifully on my local development box, but when I load it to the server, I get an internal server error.

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException:

Error in File C:\WINNT\TEMP\ProOfficeInvoiceSummary {7B7E045C-427A-4874-B18D-1268B230D778}.rpt:

Operation not yet implemented.

When I remove the database call from the report - it will print (of course with no data) so the reports are being recognized on the server. Obviously I'm thinking it's got to do with the report itself which I am sad to say I have minimal experience with. But since it works on my local - what could be the issue? Same database calls, etc.

I am using CRXI, with VS2005, 2.0 .NET framework.

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Edited by jwhite2007 - 20 Feb 2007 at 8:38am
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2007 at 9:04am
I would think it has something to do with permissions. A lot of times, when a report works in one place but not in another, then the permissions have changed and the report can access all the resources it needs. This could be related to database permissions or not having Write permission for saving the temporary files that get created during the report processing. If you are putting the report on a production box then there is probably tight securityon the production server and you need to figure out what aspect is getting hung up.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
jwhite2007

Quote jwhite2007 Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2007 at 2:01pm
Surprisingly enough the 4 day debugging fest was all because of an outdated dll.  I loaded the latest and greatest MDAC and all works fine (well almost, but that is a different problem). Thank you Brian!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version