Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Help! Need to get all Tables and Field of Database Post Reply Post New Topic
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote vzh101 Replybullet Topic: Help! Need to get all Tables and Field of Database
    Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 7:46am
Hello, I was lucky enough to be chosen to write a report to pull in all tables and fields on the database. I don't even know where to start.

Any idea will greatly appreciated!

Btw this is large database. I can see Tables and Views when I use the Database Expert but how can I pull them in to a report? Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
vzh101
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vzh101 Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 3:21pm
Help!
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 7:41am
I do not know how you expect to pull in all the data from all the tables and fields.  It is not that Crystal Reports could not do it.  It just would be a rather massive undertaking on your part.  Hopefully you plan to export the data to text, csv, or Excel.

Once you figure out the linking, I would create a command that has all the tables linked.  Then the select statement could just use the wildard (*) to get all the fields.  Then it would be a matter of dropping all the fields to the report canvas (that could take a while).  You can dissociate the page size, and thus make the paper as wide as you need it.

Hopefully you are not looking just to get a view of the tables and fields (database schema diagram) from Crystal Reports.  It will not do it.  You will need a different tool.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version