Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: HELP - Cannot Delete a DB Connection Post Reply Post New Topic
Cervello

Online Status: Offline
Quote Cervello Replybullet Topic: HELP - Cannot Delete a DB Connection
    Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 10:01am
I used to be able to right click the DB connection and delete it, but now I can't.

The real issue is the connection I'm trying to use all of a sudden does not work anymore and my DBA team is suggestion setting up a new one. I need to clear out the old one first.

We are on 11.5. I tries opening a new black report and not connecting to anything, but instead opening up the history and trying to delete. Did not work. Of Course current connection folder was empty. I could really use some help.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 9:48am
Try this:

Open Crystal - DO NOT load any report! I think there was an option in that version of Crystal where you could go to the File menu to manage database connections when you didn't have any reports open. You should be able to delete the connection from there.

If you can't, then try just renaming the existing connection and creating a new one. You'll then probably have to re-point your report to the new connection.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Cervello

Quote Cervello Replybullet Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 11:25pm
Hi Dell,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will try the items you mentioned once I get to the office.

I notice that you are a frequent contributor to the discussion board, and you are always willing to lend a helping hand. Just wanted to give a special thanks to you!!

Cervello
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 4:50am
You're most welcome!

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version