Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Suppressed sub rpt prompts for db login on 4/1 Post Reply Post New Topic
Cervello

Online Status: Offline
Quote Cervello Replybullet Topic: Suppressed sub rpt prompts for db login on 4/1
    Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:11pm
All of a sudden we have a report with several sub reports that is prompting for a db login to our production db which we do not report from. It happens when we try to export to excel. This just started happening on 4/1. We found it was the YTD version of the sub report was pointing to the wrong connection.

My question is Why is this all of a sudden happening. This report has been running and exporting to excel for well over a year without issue. It has not been modified in several months. The report all of a sudden started this behavior.

Can anyone point me to possible causes?

I'm wondering if the Security team changes the login credentials to the db would this cause this to happen. In other words someone intentionally set that db as the source when creating the report some time ago and provided the correct login creditials, but since then those creditials expired on 4/1???

Edited by Cervello - 05 Apr 2016 at 9:16pm
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2016 at 11:44am
How are you running the report? If it's through Crystal Reports Server or BusinessObjects, then the Security team changing the password would have this effect. However, the credentials for the report would have to have been set in the CMC in order for this to work.

If you're not running through CRS or BO, then something else is happening as Crystal does NOT save the password information internally in a report.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version