Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Problems with Unicode and ExportToDisk to PDF Post Reply Post New Topic
kalliman

Online Status: Offline
Quote kalliman Replybullet Topic: Problems with Unicode and ExportToDisk to PDF
    Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:14pm
I have a small program which prints a document, which contains Chinese and Arabic symbols and then saves it as PDF. Printing works perfect, but the generated PDF doesn't display the Chinese characters correctly.

Here is the sample pseudo code of my program

Code:
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument reportDocument = new ...;
reportDocument.PrintToPrinter(printersettings, pagesettings, false); // this works perfect. E.g. I have the Chinese printed via physical printer.
reportDocument.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, m_FileName); // Here when open the pdf I see a squares instead of Chinese symbols.
I tried to change the font in rpt to "Arial Unicode MS" or "Lucida Sans" or to many other fonts, which should support Unicode but no effect. I can see the Araby letters, but cannot see the Chinese.
If I change the font to "MingLiU", the Chinese symbols are displayed OK in the PDF, but then I can't see the Arabic letters

Thanks in advance,
Kalin
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version