Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Reporting Against a Universe Post Reply Post New Topic
sobie

Online Status: Offline
Quote sobie Replybullet Topic: Reporting Against a Universe
    Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 1:10pm
I have created a universe and am able to create a report against it in Crystal Reports XI R2 (SP2). There are some users on my campus, however  (not all), who can connect to the universe, and pull in fields from the universe into the query panel. But, the minute they hit "OK" they get and error that says "Login Failed." There is no other explanation. I does not matter if the user is in my building or connected to my data port, they still cannot generate the query.

My networking people say it is not a firewall issue. I have done everything that the BO tech support has suggested, but they are scratching their heads.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

IP IP Logged
Iago
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Iago Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 12:30pm
Are you using some sort of integrated security?  The database server you are connecting to should have a log of the issue.  It sounds like that your users are able to login to BOE, Correct?

My guess is that the users in question have access to BOE, Universe etc, but do not have access to the tables / views / Stored Procs on the database server.

Are some users connecting to the Java BOE and others the .Net version, are only the Java users having the issue?

Check page 268 of the BusinessObjects Enterprise Administrator's Guide .  You can download it from Business Objects.

IP IP Logged
sobie

Quote sobie Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 12:49pm
Thank you for your reply. The users do have the proper security on the db side. I discovered the problem to be with the installation package that was created where the data access components were not selected.
IP IP Logged
sobie

Quote sobie Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 12:51pm
Actually, that wasn't the only problem... There have been three different problems... One, Oracle was not configured properly; two, the installation package; three Oracle 8 and 9 clients were installed and Oracle 8 was being called first.

Just in case anyone else runs into the same issue...
IP IP Logged
mikeg-gcg

Quote mikeg-gcg Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 6:23am
I think I am experiencing the same problems.  Could you provide more information on how you corrected your problem.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version