Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Unable to Connect on server SAP BusinessObjects Post Reply Post New Topic
statey603
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote statey603 Replybullet Topic: Unable to Connect on server SAP BusinessObjects
    Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 4:42am
We are in the process of implementing Crystal Reports 2011 with Crystal Server: SAP BusinessObjects 14.1.0 [on Windows Server 2008 6.1]. I have a test report that uses the Native Oracle connection. The report runs fine on my PC. I have copied/uploaded it to the Crystal Server using the Central Management Console [CMC]. When I try to run it from the CMC via right-click Run Now, I get the following failure: Error in File ~tmp23e07ae71262840.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.
I have tried the following options in the Datasource Configuration for the test report - using the proper database name [from tnsnames], login user name and password.
[x] Use original database logon information from the report.
[x] Use custom database logon information specified here.
I even tried setting [When viewing and scheduling report] to [Prompt the user for database logon], but I never get prompted when I run the report.

I am pretty sure that the server is not configured properly but am not sure where to start. Of course I am not allowed to make any server changes so I need to point the server administrator in the right direction.

I am wondering if there are any quick ways to check database connections from the server [Crystal Server aka BusinessObjects via Central Mgmt Console or another interface.

I appreciate any information that might be helpful in addressing this issue.

Thanks.

Edited by statey603 - 23 Sep 2013 at 5:33am
-bill
IP IP Logged
kostya1122

Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 7:07am
i had this problem too.
as i needed a report to run at a specific log in
i had to connect to the database using that log in then run the report save it
then upload it to sap, im not sure it you need Management Console
(we have Management Console and User Console)
 to add the log in password to the report, but if you have it should be in process tab>>
database.
IP IP Logged
statey603
Groupie
Groupie

Quote statey603 Replybullet Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 7:33am
I am not sure I understand your post.
The report runs fine on my PC. The DB, login information is saved with the report. When I try Run Now, via Central Mgmt Console, it always fails with the connection problem noted above. I have tried setting up the logon data via Datasource Configuration using all of the combination provided and still get the same failure. I think the server is just not able to access Oracle but am not sure if there are any ways to test or verify within the Central Mgmt Console which is the only access that I have to the Server.
What is this Process Tab you refer?

thanks
-bill
IP IP Logged
kostya1122

Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 8:53am
on BOE i'm working on the log in name is saved but the password needs to be
putt it manually(one time thing, once i save it it runs no problem).
in my Central Mgmt Console when you click on the report itself
it should, you get multiple tabs to alter the report itself or its setting.
IP IP Logged
statey603
Groupie
Groupie

Quote statey603 Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:05am
Update: I got the System Administrator to install the 32-bit Oracle client on the BusinessObjects Enterprise server. Now, when I select Run Now for my test report, I get an indication of Success. So it appears that the report is now talking to the database. yay. However, the report does not display. I don't even know if this is normal or not when running a report via the CMC. As I hope I mentioned earlier, this is a new implementation - replacing an older reporting application with Crystal. Should the server be able to preview and/or edit reports? I guess I initially assumed that this functionality would have been integrated into the server. 

Oh yeah.....When I click View on my test report in CMC I get the following error.

The viewer could not process an event. Unable to find servers in CMS HZNHHSVCRSLP:6400 and cluster @HZNHHSVCRSLP:6400 with kind cacheserver and service BlockingDocumentConnectionRepository. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014) [RASLIB9006] [CRSDK00000813]
---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

I appreciate any information, suggestions, experiences, horror stories, etc that can be provided concerning getting our Crystal reports implementation up and running.

Thanks,
Bill

Edited by statey603 - 25 Sep 2013 at 8:09am
-bill
IP IP Logged
statey603
Groupie
Groupie

Quote statey603 Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:21am
Another Update:
I searched for the View error, and it pointed me at the Cache Server. I checked and found under Servers\Crystal Reports Services, the HZNHHSVCRSLP.CrystalReportsCacheServer was Disabled. I right-clicked and selected Enable Server and then tried View on my report and the report ran and was displayed on the screen.
Hurray !!

-bill
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version