Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Records Post Reply Post New Topic
ChrisG

Online Status: Offline
Quote ChrisG Replybullet Topic: Records
    Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 7:12am
Hi Guys,
Have an issue with displaying 10 records per page while still displaying the group footer. I have made the group footer print at the bottom of the page but my problem is once there is 10 records, it displays a blank page with my group footer at the bottom of it.

Was wondering what is the best way to do this rather than going to 'Section Export' and do 'New Page After 10 Visible' records. My report will be used for invoicing.

Any help would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
iSing

Quote iSing Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 2:59pm
Hi ChrisG

Not quite sure what you're trying to achieve. 
Are you trying to keep your invoice on one page as you only ever return 10 records?
Or, do you want your report to be able to break over several pages without the blank page?

I'm assuming you have your "10 records" in the details section?
If so, is it all in 1 detail section, or do you have multiple (eg Details A, Details B etc).

Go to 'Section Expert'.
Check to see against the Detail section (and if you have multiple sections, check against the main Detail section & the subsequent sub setions) & check to see if "Keep Together" is checked. 
If so, Crystal is trying to keep all of your details together. Thus if the details section(s) are too large for one page, Crystal tries to keep all the details together & it has no choice but to put the group footer on the next page. 
As a test, remove all of the "Keep Together" checkboxes from all sections.
Run your report & see if that helps.  It mightn't give you exactly what you want, but it might be a start.
You can then start putting the option back, eg for your report header, page header etc.
IP IP Logged
ChrisG

Quote ChrisG Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:29pm
Hi iSing,
Thanks for the reply. I want the report to break over several pages with 10 records per page. The problem I was having is when the report equals 10 records, it gives a blank page after and the group footer at the end of the report. So if the report does equal 10 records then the group footer will display at the bottom.

The reason it does this is that I have set the option on 'Section Expert' and do 'New Page After 10 Visible' record. I was hoping is there another way to do this without the 'New Page After' if the records does equal to 10.
IP IP Logged
iSing

Quote iSing Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 10:28pm
Hi ChrisG

Thanks for clarification.  It's not something I've had to do, but does this help?

Section Expert
Group header
New Page Before - with the formula not onfirstrecord (so it won't put a blank page at the beginning of your report).

Details section
New Page After - with the formula   recordnumber mod 11 = 0.  Make sure that the checkbox is not selected
Keep Together - make sure that the checkbox this is not selected.

This puts your footer at the end of your group
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version