Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Database / Datasource Connections Post Reply Post New Topic
rcmanalyst

Online Status: Offline
Quote rcmanalyst Replybullet Topic: Multiple Database / Datasource Connections
    Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 4:39am
I am having trouble finding a scheduling solution that will allow a Crystal Report that uses multiple datasources (from a single report) to run daily on a schedule. I am using Crystal Reports 10.

I have a single report that connects to two different databases, each which requires it's own password which must remain secure. Data fields from the main report are linked to a subreport (subreport is connected to a separate database). The subreport sends data back to the main report through a shared variable.

I am currently using Logicity to run schedules for all of my reports, but it does not support this one because it uses multiple database connections. When it starts to run the report and the 2nd datasource requests login credentials, the schedule fails.

The issue with Logicity is explained in the link below. It is supposed to be fixed in 2.0, but that statement was in 2009.
http://www.logicitysuite.com/support/support-forum/technical/533-report-with-multiple-datasources-wont-open.html#534

I have tried EasyView from Easy Street Software, which would probably work, but it allows a user to unhide the password for the 2nd database. The password must remain secure.

I would be very much appreciative if anyone could offer a solution. If software is required, it would need to be under $100. Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version