Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Cross-tab crystal 9 Post Reply Post New Topic
Zuzanna
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Zuzanna Replybullet Topic: Cross-tab crystal 9
    Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 9:01am
I have a crystal 9 report that displays 7 row #'s and 1 column #. When I run this report, it only displays data for one employee even though more than one row is read from the database. I went into Cross-tab expert, Customize Style and un-checked the Suppress Column Grand Totals check mark. When I went back into the Preview, all rows were displayed. If I re-run the report, again I only get one row. Why is this happening ? This report worked before, one small change has been made to the Select Expert formula and now it doesn't work. Is there such thing as Refresh cross-tab or something similar to that ?

Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 9:35am
It appears that the small change to the select expert was enough to limit the data for the report to one employee.
What is the statement you are uing in the select expert?
IP IP Logged
Zuzanna
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Zuzanna Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 10:30am
{VIEW_EMPLOYEE_BALANCE.BAL_NAME} in ["CALL BACK BANK", "OVERTIME/LIEU BANK", "PAID HOLIDAY BANK", "VACATION BANK"] and
{EMPLOYEE.EMP_STATUS} in ["A", "L", "S"] and
{EMPLOYEE.EMP_VAL2} = "47" - added new
What I don't understand is that when I go into the cross-tab expert and uncheck suppressing of one of the totals, click ok and then go back into the preview all data is showing correctly in the cross-tab. 8 pages in total not just one employee.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 10:36am
Saved data with reports can have some unexpected results. Make sure youa re not saving any data and only thye report files. Also I am not sure what you wanted to get or what they data set up is but you likeley wanted an OR statement in here... maybe something like this?

{VIEW_EMPLOYEE_BALANCE.BAL_NAME} in ["CALL BACK BANK", "OVERTIME/LIEU BANK", "PAID HOLIDAY BANK", "VACATION BANK"] and
({EMPLOYEE.EMP_STATUS} in ["A", "L", "S"] or
{EMPLOYEE.EMP_VAL2} = "47")
IP IP Logged
Zuzanna
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Zuzanna Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 11:23am
The statement was correct, they are just narrowing down the data to get certain benefit program. This is a huge time keeping database, they store data in generic pre-existing fields, EMP_VAL2 etc. I thought it had something to do with the cross-tab.
I just ran into another issue in crystal version 2008 where when the cross-tab was in the Report Footer area, when I executed the crystal, it gave me an error "not supported". When I moved the cross-tab into Report Header a, it worked.
The first report is ver. 9 and the cross-tab is in the Report Footer.
IP IP Logged
DBlank

Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 11:37am

it can execute differently based on what section you place it in.

Report headers and footers should run them for all data in the report (although I have not used version 2008).
Page headers and footers should in general not support them at all.
If you place them in group headers or footers they would only show data relevant to that group. In a detail section they would only show data for one row.

Try just refreshing the report when you open it. The unchecking of the grand total might just be refreshing the data.

Edited by DBlank - 28 Dec 2012 at 11:39am
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version