Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Min/Max valules for a duration formula Post Reply Post New Topic
nhopp4
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote nhopp4 Replybullet Topic: Min/Max valules for a duration formula
    Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 4:55am
Hi Guys!
I need to create min/max value report.  I have created a duration formula but need to gather the Min and Max for the valules.  I am using these formulas for the duration formula:

DateTimeVar StartTime;
If {Reports_Events.Type} = 'start' then StartTime := {Reports_Events.Timestamp};
StartTime

If {Reports_Events.Type} = 'Stop' Then DateDiff('s',{Reports_Events.Timestamp}, {@startTime})

I have to calculate the minimum and maximum for each unit for the month of calls.  I can't figure out how to get this.  I tried using the Cross-Tab expert and selecting @duration and using Minimum, also maximum still not getting the right numbers.

Any help??  Thanks!

IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 8:48am
if the problem arising is that the dates are sorting in a ASCII fashion, you can convert your dates to yyyy/MM/dd format, store the min and max in a set of shared variables, and then display them in the desired format.

it's an idea...
HTH
IP IP Logged
Sastry

Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 7:34pm
Hi
--Create a group on Unit
--Create second group on Month
--Now insert Minimum({Reports_Events.Timestamp}) to get Minimum time at group level also insert Maximum({Reports_Events.Timestamp}) to get Maximum time at group level

Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
nhopp4
Groupie
Groupie

Quote nhopp4 Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:35am
Thanks guys for getting back to me.  Sastry I think that will work.  However, for each unit I am getting the same max for each unit.  Each of these should be different.

I used Maximum({@duration}) and Minimum({@duration}) because I need these to be in second format and not minimum time and maximum time.  Should be the minimum and maximum duration.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version