Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Section Expert Post Reply Post New Topic
makemyday

Online Status: Offline
Quote makemyday Replybullet Topic: Section Expert
    Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:06am

Can anyone help me with a simple Section Expert setup for a 2 sided letter with a Logo in the Page Header, that will not print on the back side.  I am using Crystal 2008, I setup my letter with Page Header - Logo, date and Subject.

Then a Detail a for front of letter and Detail b for back of letter.  I'm not sure how to use a formula to suppressed the page header so it does not print on the back of letter.   
 What can I do to make this work? 
Thank
dc
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 5:08am

Are you grouping so that you can print multiple letters?  If so, for the group footer section turn on "Reset Page Number After" in the Section Expert for the group footer section.  Then, for the page header section, click on the button to the right of Suppress and enter the following:

Pagenumber > 1

DO NOT check the suppress checkbox!

This should suppress the header for the second page.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
makemyday

Quote makemyday Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:05am
I am using XML as my data and created a Page Header with a logo, date and subject. Section Expert as Suppress (no drill down) box not checked with set formula Pagenumber > 1 and Keep together. My letter is in Detail a front. Section Expert as Keep together and New page after. Detail b as the back. Section Expert as Keep together and New page after.  Page footer Section Expert as Reset Page Number After. Report footer Section Expert is Suppress (no drill down).  This all makes sense to me, but it does not work.  The Page Header is on every page.  Thanks if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong. 
dc
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:13am
Turn off "Reset Page Number After" in your page footer.  That's setting the page number back to 1 at the end of every page.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
makemyday

Quote makemyday Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 7:06am
I turned off the 'Reset Page Number After" in the page footer.  Suppressed both the Page Footer and Report Footer. Turned on the 'Reset Page Number After' in my Detail b - which is the back of the letter.  Detail a is the front of the letter, with 'New Page After'.  My Page Header with Logo, Date, Subject and To (with name and address) as Suppress (No Drill-Down) box Not Check, but with a formula set -   Pagenumber > 1  This seems to work. 
Why is such a simple setup as printing a page header only on the front side of a 2-sided form so difficult to resolve??
dc
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version