Data Connectivity
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports .NET 2003 : Data Connectivity
Message Icon Topic: No data will show up Post Reply Post New Topic
fsubob2003

Online Status: Offline
Quote fsubob2003 Replybullet Topic: No data will show up
    Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 11:18am
I have a crystal report that works fine when opened in crystal reports but when I enbedded it in .Net it does not pull any data. The date and heading works but nothing else.

I am new to Crystal reports and .net so I probably am doing something stupid.

I created a very basic one table report and it worked fine but this one will only work in crystal not .Net.

Thanks,
Bobby
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 12:10pm
I would make sure the data connection is set correctly in the .Net version.  When I get an empty report it usually means it is not finding the data needed to print on the report for some reason. If the connection is correct take a look at the selection formula/Command Object to make certain everything is consistent. This would be especially true if the things that are printing are static text items or special fields such as date, page number, etc.

You are correct, if it is working in one place (the report designer) but the not the other the problem is not likely major.

If you are using CR XI R2 you should be able to preview the report without running the application which will help further isolate the problem. That is narrow it down to .Net vs the report itself.

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
fsubob2003

Quote fsubob2003 Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 12:22pm
Thanks for the reply.

The connection appears fine in that all the tables are listed and the selected fields are checked. However, when I click on verify database it throws a query engine error unable to load crdb_oracle.dll

Any suggestions... thanks!
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 12:46pm

It is obviously looking to access an Oracle .dll related to Crystal. Is this report for the web?  If so it might be a permissions problem. Do other CR reports run in .Net, is it this report or all Oracle reports reports running in .Net that show the problem?

John W.

IP IP Logged
fsubob2003

Quote fsubob2003 Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 1:29pm
I am not sure what you mean by for the web i am in the process of trying to make this report retrieve parameters from the database and run everyday and output the reports to a network directory. All of which will be batched so no user will see anything except the output.

I just got Brian Bischofs book and I am baby stepping into it. Other ones I create do run in .Net but again they were only one table simple reports and these are a little more complex.

Is there something I can do to get that dll to work correctly?

Thanks
Bobby
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2007 at 10:45am
Again when the report loads but show no data there are a couple of things to consider,
a. The data connection which you say is working and sounds like it is.
b. The data query or record selection formula itself. You said this report takes parameters. It could be the parameters are the trouble, without knowing how you have set the report up to receive them, its hard to diagnose. An empty report could simply be saying that 'no records were found'. That would be a data query problem.
c. I did a search on the internet for your error message and there were a number of results. You would have see which one makes sense for your circumstance. You may want to do the same and see if your answer is already posted somewhere else.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps someone else on the forum will have better suggestions.

Regards,

John W.
ww.CustomReportWriters.net
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version