Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Standard Devoation for multiple sets in one report Post Reply Post New Topic
Beaker74

Online Status: Offline
Quote Beaker74 Replybullet Topic: Standard Devoation for multiple sets in one report
    Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:01am
I've got a report that is trying to show 2 different things..

1.) a set of units sold from the day the report is run for the last 365 days sorted by part ID's. This is not the problem
2.) within the set defined in #1, the units sold in a "window" of time. Say, the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks of the data out of #1 Again, using the sorted by part ID's.

Getting the sum of units sold out of these for each part is not the problem. The problem is, I need to figure standard deviation on each part for both #1 and #2. #1 isn't hard to do, but trying to figure out how to do the average and other related calcs to get the standard deviation for the data in the window, seems to be a bit hard to do.... any ideas?

Edited by Beaker74 - 21 May 2012 at 5:02am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2012 at 6:37am
create formulas and mimic what you would do by hand...for the average would have running total and a count so you can get the average. I don't remember std dev off the top of my head, but it can't be that hard to code using shared variables.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version