Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports Error 997 Using Simply Accounting Post Reply Post New Topic
tharman

Online Status: Offline
Quote tharman Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports Error 997 Using Simply Accounting
    Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:30am
Hello,
I haven't had any luck getting any information from the forums of the software developers of the programs that I'm using as they don't support Crystal Reports. They only provide some functionality for it. I'm not sure if anyone here will have had experience with any of these software packages but I'm not sure where to go next.

First of all I'm using Simply Accounting 2011 Enterprise and ACT! Premium 2011. I'm linking them together by using ACT! Link for Sage Simply Accounting.

So to start off I'm using a Crystal Report created in Crystal Reports 11 that pulls information from the Simply Accounting Database and everything is working fine.

The problem I've come across is that as soon as I add a table from the ACT! database (even if I don't link them or use any data from the fields on the report) if I try to print I get an error in Simply Accounting that just says "997" and has an OK button.

If I preview the report in Crystal Reports everything works fine. The information is linked to the proper customer and the fields from both databases show.

So I guess what I'm wondering is what does this 997 error mean or is there a different way I should be going about this? What can I do to troubleshoot this?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version