Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Defaults for Pick List & Date Range Parameters Post Reply Post New Topic
dr_abrock

Online Status: Offline
Quote dr_abrock Replybullet Topic: Defaults for Pick List & Date Range Parameters
    Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 3:28pm
Hey Folks,

I'm just finishing a report that uses two paramaters--a date range and a static pick list.  The date range parameter is used to filter records, and the pick list is used to conditionally suppress sections.

So, is it possible to set multi-value defaults for these parameters?  For the date range, this means having different default start and end dates; for the pick list, it means having multiple default values.

I've tried to accompish this by including the multiple values in the default value field in Edit Parameter (e.g. "7/1/2007-6/30/2008" for the date range and "Address;History;Actions" for the pick list), but no matter what syntax I use it doesn't seem to work.  For the date range, the default value field is cleared as soon as I tab or click out unless I enter a valid, single date.  For the pick list, the entire string I enter is included as a single default value when the report is run.

Any ideas?  Do I not have the correct syntax for the default value field, or is this impossible to do?

Edited by dr_abrock - 04 Oct 2007 at 3:29pm
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 11:11pm
No, you can't specify multiple default values.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
dr_abrock

Quote dr_abrock Replybullet Posted: 05 Oct 2007 at 6:36am
That sucks.  Thanks though!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version