Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Executing report in runtime (Crystal Developer) Post Reply Post New Topic
kevinsmith

Online Status: Offline
Quote kevinsmith Replybullet Topic: Executing report in runtime (Crystal Developer)
    Posted: 22 Jan 2007 at 9:09am
Hello guys,

Is it possible to store whole report source in memory and then execute it exactly from memory instead of  from disk file ?
I don't want to deliver source code of reports to my customers together with my application. I've already  created interface in my application that allows execute reports within in. Unfortunately before I execute report I have to place it somewhere on the disk drive.

Any help would be appreciated.
I currently use 8 and 9 version of Crystal but I'd like to migrate to newer version soon.

Best regards,
Kevin Smith
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Jan 2007 at 2:37pm

You don't say what language you're developing in...In VB.NET or C#, you can include the .rpt files in your application and they get compiled into the app when you distribute it. 

That probably doesn't help you right now, but it may help you with future development.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
kevinsmith

Quote kevinsmith Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2007 at 3:15am
That's exactly what I'm doing. All reports are stored in database in encrypted form. However I still have to decrypt them and save them do temporary directory to execute them. Problem is I don't want to save reports on disk. I would like to decrypt them, store in memory and then execute directly from memory.

Currently I'm using Delphi.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version