Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Picture size Post Reply Post New Topic
Danie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Danie Replybullet Topic: Picture size
    Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:25pm
Hi

I want to display pictures of stock items in the details section of my report. I'm getting these pictures to display but I'm having a problem with the picture sizes.

If I have 'can grow' selected they display in the correct proportions but in different sizes. One might be 5x7 cm's and the next one 10x11 cm's. Obviously this makes the report look untidy.

If I de-select the 'can grow' the sizes are all the same but the images display out of proportion which is not acceptable to the client.

The problem is that the .jpegs are not all of the same size. Is there a way to have a set size in my report - eg 5x6 cm's and to have the pictures display in that predefined size BUT still in the correct proporsions.

Regards

Danie

IP IP Logged
CircleD

Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 7:10pm
Have you tried placing a text box the size you need and inserting the picture into the box?
IP IP Logged
Danie

Quote Danie Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 8:42pm
Hi

Thank you for the reply. It's one of the things I have tried. However, unlike other data fields or formula's which allow you drag them onto a text field, when I try to drop a picture into the text field - nothing happens.

Is there a special way of doing this?

Regards
IP IP Logged
CircleD

Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 7:17pm
There is an insert picture button but I don't know if that will do the trick or not.

After a little research I find that you can select the object,open the "Format Editor" and click the "Picture" tab,then you can either choose to scale the object to the correct size or enter the "width" and "height" in inches you want to resize the image to. Click OK when you're done.
IP IP Logged
Danie

Quote Danie Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 3:33am
Hi

Thx for the reply. The customer's Item Master file has more than a 1000 items with pictures so it was decided to convert all the pictures to the same size. The have an app that can handle this in 'batch' mode.

Regards

Danie
IP IP Logged
Saha

Quote Saha Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:52am
Hi,

I am having the same problem and have not found a way to solve. The photos from our photo library are coming out too big for the photo boxes in Crystal. Our database is in Access, and I have tried resizing the photos in Access to match the limits of the photo box size in Crystal, but even when the Access image is much smaller than the photo box, it still takes up half the page and shoves the header out of the way.

When I deselect "can grow" I get distorted images. Any idea how to manage this?
Saha
IP IP Logged
Danie

Quote Danie Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 12:13am
Hi

You will need a program or application to resize you pictures. The IT guy at the customer used 'Picasa' with which you can resize a whole folder at one time. I'm not sure whether it can be downloaded free but usually the trial versions of these programs have some limitations to what you can actually do with it.

Regards

Danie
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version