Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: Problem in Exporting Crystal Report to MS Excel Post Reply Post New Topic
rkittu2k7

Online Status: Offline
Quote rkittu2k7 Replybullet Topic: Problem in Exporting Crystal Report to MS Excel
    Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 7:16pm
I have developed a crystal report using VS 2008 which has 12 columns, my question is when i export the report to MS Excel 97-2000 (data only) the report gets exported completely but some columns header names are missing i mean out of 12 column header names only 6 are getting displayed, kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance
Ramakrishna Reddy
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 12:34pm
Crystal is VERY picky about format when exporting to Excel.  In order to get a "clean" export you need to do the following:

1.  Make sure that ALL of your column headers are the same height have the same number of lines after they word-wrap in Crystal.  For example, when some column headers wrap to two lines and other don't, I frequently will add a carriage return (Enter key) before the text on the ones that are one line so that the text appears at the bottom of the header.

2.  DO NOT USE LINES!!!  Lines will not export but will add extra blank, thin rows and columns to your report.

3.  Your data and your header for each column MUST be the same width and MUST line up exactly (select the objects and use the right-click, Align menu option to make this happen.

4.  Use guide markers for your columns so that you can line your objects up so that there is no space between them.  This also makes it easier to align everything.

If you're on FaceBook, I've written a longer "how to" that's available as a note from the SAP Crystal Reports and Dashboard Design fan page.  I can't access FaceBook from work, so I am unable to give you the link to it.

-Dell

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version