Page  of 3 Next >>
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote lsalih Replybullet Topic: Crystal 10 - help with Checkbox
    Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 10:16am
Greetings -

I have an Oracle table, I am creating a Crystal form to dispay the values. The form requires having a checkbox to display if value is yes or no.

Could you please guide on how to create checkbox in Crystal report, and have it checked if the data value in the table is set to yes.

Thanks,
Lava
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 11:07am
I have a tutorial on this on page 309 of my new book. Here is the formula you need:
if {table.field} = true then
   ChrW(254)
Else
    Chrw(168);

Drag and drop the formula onto your report and set the font to WindDings.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 11:10am
Thank You Brain for your help, I will definitly get your new book. I will give a try now and see if it works.

Regards,
Lava
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 11:56am
Cool. I think you'll like the book. Tons of tips and tricks just like this one in every chapter.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 12:02pm
How about another question? Just to see how good your book is ;)

The form I am working on, has to section. The first one has the persons  info which is simple to do, the second section has to list for each order, just as an example, list of all information related to it. For example, let's sat I have person X, person X has 20 orders. Each order, has Order date, type, price, etc. Section B, should display for each order, all the information associated with it.
You know how in Access, you have the main form has the data then you have the subform which will have detailed info for each record. Would you do so in Crystal as well. How would you keep the main section, and scroll to all orders in the other section.

Am I clear?

Thanks.

IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 12:09pm
Cool, it worked GREAT...... THANKS A LOT.

Lava
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 12:15pm
Glad it worked!

Access and CR are very similar, but not quite. For your report I would create a group on PersonID and put the person info in the group header. Then in the Details section list the order info. That way, all orders for each person will be listed directly below that person. If necessary, you can right-click on any numeric field in the Details section and select Add Summary to show the totals in the group footer of each person.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 12:16pm
Oh yeah - re the book, I've never used Oracle and thus have no tips and tricks for it. So some of the database chapters only applies to SQL Server. Nonetheless, 90% of it is standard optimization techniques and SQL queries that applies to all databases.
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 12:19pm
Brain - I used Order as an example, but the actual form is a state predesigned form that I have to follow. As I said, it has to section, the upper section is the personal info, and below is detailed section with one to many relationship. Since the form is predesigned, I have to use the same structure when I am building it in Crystal. The only thing I am not certain about how I will fit for each record all the info related under section B.
IP IP Logged
lsalih
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lsalih Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 12:33pm
Typo - I meant two sections.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version