Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Repeating Records in Subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
danmcq

Online Status: Offline
Quote danmcq Replybullet Topic: Repeating Records in Subreports
    Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 4:58am
Hello,

I am a new Crystal Reports user, and I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge of the subject. I am using Crystal Reports XI to connect to an ACT! 2011 database for reporting. I have created three reports called 'Pipeline', 'Forecast' & 'Activity'. I am attempting to create a 'primary' report that includes these three reports as subreports.

From my main report I would like to be able to specify the name of the client/company for which the reports are to be run. With my database, this is accomplished with the 'Select Expert' and a field called 'OPPORTUNITY.ASSOCIATED_WITH'. From my main report I have successfully linked this field with each subreport, and when I run the reports the correct data is pulled. However, my report generates a subreport for each record found in the database (ie, if there are 7 matching records, I end up with 21 pages in the report when I should only end up with 3). When these reports are run individually (not as subreports but on their own) I don't get any such duplication.

As I mentioned, my experience with Crystal Reports (and SQL reporting) is quite limited, so I hope this makes some sense. any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 7:19am

Given you have 3 subreports and the data is being repeated 3 times I would look at main  report layout. Something is running the reports 3 times and general culprits can be groupings, the layout of the report inside the groupings etc.

I would imagine if the data is correct in the reports simply repeated to many times you will need to consider how Crystal generates its reports, it takes a number of passes to generate a report and how those subreports are impacted by the passes. There is a whole section in the CR help files called' Report Processing Model' that may give some clues to a solution.

Others here may have additional suggestions, but I have given you where I would look first.

Regards,

John W.

IP IP Logged
danmcq

Quote danmcq Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 7:31am
Hi John,

I actually managed to figure this one out with a tip from the SAP forums. By placing the subreports into individual groups and then surpressing the detail and footer sections, I am getting just what I want.

Thanks for the reply!

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1981575&tstart=0
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version