Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Enterprise 10 and VS 2005 Post Reply Post New Topic
dalden

Online Status: Offline
Quote dalden Replybullet Topic: Crystal Enterprise 10 and VS 2005
    Posted: 20 Sep 2007 at 12:14pm
At my place of employment we have a policy that all crystal reports must reside on the crystal enterprise server, but all systems are designed in Visual Basic.NET/ASP.NET and reside on a different server.  No reports can reside on the web server. 

My problem is that our current report viewing method involves an asp page on another web server that ties to crystal enterprise.  All parameters are sent as a querystring in the url.  This is problematic when parameters become long and the url cannot handle such length. 

Our crystal administrator insists that Crystal Enterprise 10 and Visual Studio 2005 are incompatible. 

As a developer, I would like to take advantage of the Crystal Services provided through web services.  Such as enterprisereportservice.asmx and others stored in the crystalreportviewers10 folder on the enterprise server.  I have been unable to find much documentation on this. 

Any Help?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2007 at 1:52pm

There is a .NET 1.1 SDK available for Crystal Enterprise 10.   Visual Studio 2005 uses the .NET 2.0 framework.  Your admin may assume that these are incompatible.  However, .NET 2.0 applications CAN call .NET 1.1 assemblies in compatibility mode - I use this feature to connect to some of our older in-house .NET code, so I know that it works.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
dalden

Quote dalden Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2007 at 1:54pm
Thank you for such a prompt reply.  Do you have any source code that I can browse?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2007 at 2:00pm

Sorry, I haven't used CE.  We're in BusinessObjects Enterprise and the SDK is different.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version