Crystal Xcelsius
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Crystal Xcelsius
Message Icon Topic: SAP Crystal Presentation Design 2011 Excel Proble Post Reply Post New Topic
chrispfeiffer

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrispfeiffer Replybullet Topic: SAP Crystal Presentation Design 2011 Excel Proble
    Posted: 11 May 2011 at 5:39am

I have downloaded SAP Crystal Presentation Design 2011 as it's the recent Application that can work on Windows 7 Professional and Office 2010. The recent SAP/BO/Crystal/Xcelsius/Dashboard rebranding has been a bit of a nightmare but I believe I have the equivalent of Xcelsius 2008. Anyway, when trying to pull in a spreadsheet the following message always appears - "this action cannot be completed because the other programme is busy, Choose 'switch to' to activate the busy program and correct the problem". Of course this doesn't work and it's been suggested it's an Excel object embedding problem that's the route cause. Has anyone else come across this and managed to get it fixed???

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:57am
Do you have Excel open when you do this?  I know I've had problems sometimes in Xcelsius 2008 when I'm running a separate copy of Excel at the same time.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version