Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: loading selected .rpt and db at runtime Post Reply Post New Topic
fallenreaper

Online Status: Offline
Quote fallenreaper Replybullet Topic: loading selected .rpt and db at runtime
    Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 6:50am
Firstly, i wasnt sure which book to get to answer my questions, and secondly, if it is solved on here, ill just donate some money via paypal.

My question is that i am using VS2010 vb.net for work and trying to implement a CrystalReport viewer.  I downloaded the information and have it so i can create a report then show it at runtime, but what i want to do is the following

-Open a box to select directory of a .rpt file (Completed)
-connect to the DB which is associated with the .rpt file
-----I was uncertain if database information is stored inside of the .rpt, if so pull it out, if not, ill create a box which will allow them to insert information, or load a DSN on the computer.
-open that .rpt in my CR viewer
-----With the connection, i figure it will just naturally update the information with the crystal report so that it flows correctly, numbers adjusting accordingly.

This is what i want to accomplish and have been working on it since January with looking up various sources and i have remade the program a dozen times.  If you can help that would be great.  Sort of getting back into it, as for the last few weeks i have been doing other programming assignments since this one has been irritating me too much, but it is something i need to get done.

Thanks for reading,  I will give you more information below.

vs2010
vb.net
CR v13.XX
windows 7, 64bit.

ermmm, if you need more information, i will give it as needed.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version