Talk with the Author
 Crystal Reports Forum : General Information : Talk with the Author
Message Icon Topic: Sum not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Matt-21

Online Status: Offline
Quote Matt-21 Replybullet Topic: Sum not working
    Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 6:12am

I have written a simple report for our supplier delivery performance that compares the due date on the purchase order to the received date on the GRN.  An order can be in 1 of 4 conditions (Late, Over Due, Not Due, and On Time/Early). The delivery status is decided based on a 3 formula's.

Formula 1 (Late/on time Early)
//Formula determines if goods are late or on time allowing 2 days to to enter GRN
if {shipmentitems.createddate} >=  ({orderitems.duedate} +2) then "Late" else "On Time/Early"

Formula 2 (Not Recieved)
//formula dermines existance of GRN

if isNull({shipmentitems.createddate}) = true then true else false

Formula 3 (Due/Not Due)
//if there is no GRN formula determines if order is Due or Not Due
if {@Not Recieved ( date is null)} = true and CurrentDate  > {orderitems.duedate} then 'Overdue' else
if {@Not Recieved ( date is null)} = true and CurrentDate  = {orderitems.duedate} then 'Overdue' else
if {@Not Recieved ( date is null)} = true and CurrentDate  < {orderitems.duedate} then 'Not Due'

What I have then done is created a formula for each of the delivery status' i.e. if Late = 'Late' then 1 else 0.  This works perfectly for the formula due/not due the value is either 1.00 or 0.00 however  the formula Late/on time Early only returns nothing or 1

The report is grouped by supplier id and i sum each of my 4 formulas to determine the total late, overdue, not due, on time/early. Again this works perfectly.

I have then added 2 more formulas 1 that adds late and overdue together to display total late/overdue and 1 that adds not due and on time/early together. - This is where I am having my problem. 

I am looking at a supplier who has 1 order and the order is overdue.  My values in the group footer are: Late =, Over Due = 1, Not Due = 0, On Time/Early =.  Note where I have not inserted a number that is because the field is blank (which I guess is the heart of the problem) (These fields are blank in the description field too).  My problem is the summary fields (i.e 1 + Nothing) are blank

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version