Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Printing selected parameters in report Post Reply Post New Topic
KMeyer

Online Status: Offline
Quote KMeyer Replybullet Topic: Printing selected parameters in report
    Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 3:08am
I have a report that prompts for a date range and a sales territory range using the default Crystal Reports parameter prompts in the ReportViewer.

The report works fine, but now I have been asked to print what parameters were selected at run time in the report header as a description, which seems like a reasonable request.

Inserting the record selection formula from "Special Fields" only shows a text representation of the formula with the parameters as {?SalesDate} {?Territory} for example.

Any guidence on how to trap what was selected at run time and print it would be appreciated.

Thanks for any input

Kim
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc

Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 1:30pm
Have you tried creating  formulas and assigning the values of each of the parameters to a variable, then using the formulas on the report?

Regards,

John W.
IP IP Logged
KMeyer

Quote KMeyer Replybullet Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 7:12pm
Thanks John,
No I have not, I will give it a try, I have two single parameter fields for both with the range option on in their properties.
I am not sure if I can read and assign the two selected range values for the one parameter field, but will investigate further.

Regards
Kim
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version