Writing Code
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Writing Code
Message Icon Topic: How to display Export Dialog box using CR for .NET Post Reply Post New Topic
N11689

Online Status: Offline
Quote N11689 Replybullet Topic: How to display Export Dialog box using CR for .NET
    Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 11:05am
Our software application allows the user to determine how to output a report (Print, Preview, Export, etc.) prior to the report executing.  From there, we pass the values through to our VB program which will programmatically determine how to output the report (to a printer, using the crystalreportviewer or some other method).

In VB6 we were using Crystal's RDC.  Specifically the CRAXDRT 11.0 library.
One of the methods allowed by CRAXDRT was .Export() which would bring up the Export dialog box and the user could choose what format the file should be in (PDF, RTF, etc)  as well as the destination (Disk, Applicatoin, MAPI, etc) they would like the file to be saved to.

With the Crystal Report for .NET 2005 assemblies, how do I get the Export dialog box to appear?  We are using the ReportDocument object model, and there are export options (Export, ExportToDisk, ExportToHttpResponse and ExportToStream), but all require that you put in the format and/or destination at the time you are coding it. I want the user to be able to choose the format and destination.

Any ideas?  Thank you.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 1:51pm
I haven't seen a similar method to what you had in the RDC. You need to create your own dialog box and then pass the user info to the Export methods.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version